Wednesday 2 January 2013

Girls Generation I Got a Boy Comeback



Hey!

So, yesterday, Snsd released their comeback song I Got a Boy! Check out the music video below!


When I first heard this song without watching the music video, it was kind of confusing actually. Don't get me wrong or anything, I really like Snsd, but the song like the beat of it is just kind of too much for me. I can definitely see how SM is testing something new to the girls, I mean other than The Boys, Snsd usual choreography is wearing high heels really cutsey like gee, and stuff like that, and their songs are like bubblegum pop. The song really reminds of Super Junior's Mr. Simple where you have to listen to it many times before you really like it. There are definitely some parts that I really like, like the beginning, but there are also some parts where it's just a little bit too much for me. To really understand the song, I think it's best to watch the music video because after I watched the music video, it made more sense, and it was less confusing.

I actually love the choreography. It really reminds me of something BoA would do which is why I love it. It's definitely new, like the last time we saw SNSD dance in sneakers was during their debut days with Into the New World. SNSD definitely looks more mature, their vocals have improved a lot especially Yoona. But what I love the most is their costume. I really really like it. It's so different from before, like before, all the members would where practically the same costume like Genie.

Everyone is basically wearing the same outfit.

I really like how each of the members are wearing something different, with their own style so for newcomers, they can easily tell who is who. I still remember when I was watching GEE, I kept on getting Seohyun confused with Yoona, and Yoona confused with Yuri. Finally when I knew who was who, when Genie came out, I got confused between Sunny and Tiffany. The costumes also remind of BoA, except since BoA is known for her powerful dancing skills, she might be wearing heals if she was dancing to this song, just saying.

Personally, I not a huge fan of Sunny's new hair, I think she looks better when she had long black/brown hair during the GEE era.


Sunny has always been known as the aegyo queen, and with this new hairstyle, I don't think she will be doing aegyo any soon which really really stinks. 

On a random note, I love Hyoyeon's hair. Hyoyeon looks really good in blonde hair, and adding some colour wouldn't mind. Or would it?

Hyoyeon looking beautiful as always

SM definitely toned Hyoyeon's original blonde hair lighter, and of course added some colour to it. Out of the nine members, Hyoyeon looks best with blond hair. I love how SM also added some colour to her hair, it really makes her stand out. In terms of the colour, I'm not exactly sure if they actually highlighted or chalked it. But who cares, she still looks beautiful.

That will be the end of my blog today. I hope you all enjoy SNSD's new song.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment