Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hana Kimi, the Korean Version!

Hi!

All you EXO fans out there probably have already heard the news about EXO being part of SM Entertainment's new dram "To the Beautiful You" aka Hana Kimi aka Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. About four or five months ago, I've already heard that Minho from Shinee, and Sulli from f(x) will be starring in the upcoming romantic/comedy/high school drama called Hana Kimi. For those who doesn't know what Hana   Kimi is, here is a brief summary.

Based on a popular comic, this hilarious comedy follows the chaos, troubles and friendship at a boys’ boarding school after a girl-disguising-a-boy joins. Ashiya Mizuki has just come back to Japan from California where she was raised. She fell in love with Sano Izumi, a hopeful high jump hero, who has quit after an accident. As she wants him to go back to the sport once again, she enters the same high school as a boy! With a short hair, flattened chest and lowered voice, she starts sharing the same room with Sano. --Fuji Creative

The Japanese dram of Hana Kimi came out in 2007, and it's been about three to four years since I've last watched it, and since back then, no one added any English subtitles, I really had no idea what was happening other than the fact that Ashiya wanted Sano to jump. Plus, I was in grade 5 back then, and I wasn't the brightest student. Anyways, here is the Japanese cast of Hana Kimi. However, if you go on Youtube, you can watch Hana Kimi with full English subtitles, which is what I'm doing right now. I'm currently on episode 6.

Here is a picture of the Japanese Hana Kimi main cast.


(Credit: rightful owner)

3 Main Characters
Ashiya Mizuki is played by Horikita Maki
Sano Izumi is played by Oguri Shun
Nakatsu Shuichi is played by Ikuta Toma

It is definitely worth watching it because it is absolutely hilarious and embarrassing. I personally have to give props to Ikuta Toma because he definitely got the hardest character to play. He played a character that kissed a guy, went threw "homo" issues, and did a lot of embarrassing stuff such as dancing in a bra and wearing an underwear on his head. Here's the clip.


HAHAHAHAAHAHA! I laughed so loud when I saw this part. This is definitely a memorable moment. As you all know that Ashiya is actually a girl, and Nakatsu started to develop a crush on "him" which lead Nakatsu believing in himself that he is a "homo." (By the way, in NO way, am I trying to offend those who are bisexual, I am just commenting on the drama).

Excellent work Ikuta, you did a wonderful job in playing the toughest character, Nakatsu. 

I hope that the SM version will be just as interesting, and funny as the Japanese version. On a disappointing note, I am sad to say that Tao, Xiumin, and Chen won't be part of the drama, I have absolutely no idea why, but I'm sure that in the future, Tao, Xiumin, and Chen will be starring in their own drama's. 

Here is the SM Hana Kimi cast and a behind-the-scenes photo

Credit: rightful owner

Credit: Rightful owner

Since I don't know Korean, I'm just going to assume that the EXO members are probably playing extras. I'm sure that they will get lines but, but probably not alot. 

I'm really excited for the kiss between Minho and Sulli because apparently someone said that SM Entertainment does not allow SM members to kiss other SM members. For example, Kyuhyun from Super Junior and Sunny from Girls Generation, faked kiss during Catch Me if You Can, the musical. I hope that they don't fake kiss because that will definitely ruin the drama. Also, I personally find that lots of Asian (Korean, Japanese, maybe Chinese and Taiwanese) dramas don't have very good kissing scenes. For me, I don't watch a lot of Asian dramas, but whenever I do, the kiss scene is always just a long peck, like there's no connection, no emotion, like ZERO! The only Korean drama that I know that has a good kiss scene is City Hunter. I think that if there is supposed to be a passionate kissing scene between Minho and Sulli, the director would probably tell the them they are going to fake kiss, and they'll probably use a camera trick to make seem like it's real, sort of like the "kiss" between Sandara Park and Minho in Kiss Note. Minho is a great actor, but I'm crossing my fingers that they won't fake kiss. 

I think that the drama is going to air on August 8, 2012. I am absolutely ecstatic and I can't wait! 

-Rain

P.S You can go on Youtube to watch the Japanese version of Hana Kimi with full English subs

P.P.S There is also a Taiwan version of Hana Kimi, I haven't watched it yet, but I will as soon as I finish watching the Japanese version.

2 comments:

  1. i never know this story but now i don't know wanna watch what japanese version or korean version! >O< ohh my gah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog Rara, I think you're like the first person to comment on my blog. Well, the Korean version of Hana Kimi is coming out tomorrow, but I'm not sure there will be Eng subs, so if I were you I would stick to the Japanese version since it does have Eng Subs. BTW the previews of the Korean version Hana Kimi came out, there's three of them, you can watch it on Youtube.com. Hopefully this will help you!

      Rain

      Delete