Thursday 5 July 2012

Kpop Hair Styles (Men)


Hi

So, a few months ago, I showed my parents EXO-M and EXO-K's music video for Mama and History, I even showed my parents their predebut pictures, and how they look now. Personally, I find all twelve guys in  EXO very attractive, but not my parents. They think that they look like GIRLS. WHAT? Well, after listening to my parent's thoughts of EXO, I decided to take a look myself to see if they really do look like girls. After a long evaluation, I have to say that, some of them, unfortunately do look like girls. HOWEVER, I blame it on their hairstyles.


I don't know if you know this, but I've only started listening to kpop since December, and I've realized that the men kpop hairstyles are all basically the same thing. They have their bangs infront of their face, kind of like a Bieber cut. Don't get me wrong, I am a belieber, but I just don't think Bieber cuts fits the world of Kpop. For example, Chanyeol from EXO-K.




image
Credit: as tagged

When I saw this picture, I actually thought that it was a girl (Credit: as tagged)
You know, I'm perfectly fine with Chanyeol always smiling and being cute, but it's the hairstyle that always gets in the way. I'm a huge fan of EXO (obviously), but they (especially EXO-K) need to get better hairstylists. The first picture of Chanyeol with long hair reminded me of ancient China, when all the men had long hairstyles. The second picture of Chanyeol at the airport just reminded me of a very very tall girl. You see, I personally prefer when his hair is spiked up like when he made an appearance in TTS`s Twinkle, or his predebut days. I even like his hair better when it`s curled up! . To be completely honest, I almost feel like he looks better during his predebut days.

image
Chanyeol starred in the Japanese version of Genie by SNSD (Credit: to the rightful owner)

image
See! Hair spike up! (Credit: to the rightful owner)

I really hope that the EXO hairstylists will change their hairstyles (especially Chanyeols). On a random note, I really think that the makeup artists will stop putting eyeliner on guys, for example when Kris wore eyeliner during the Smtown concert in Anaheim, California, during the press conference when he wore a white jacket, black eyeliner, seems like he was wearing nude lipstick, a lot of foundation, and I think he was even wearing some blush. If you would like to see the video click here. Just as I thought Kris was the most masculine guy in EXO.

Just look how manly all the EXO-K members look with their hair spiked up.

EXO-K at Dream Concert with TTS (Cr. rightful owner)

I find it very interesting that in American music/fashion/movie industry, the guys basically all have their hair spiked up. Compare this...

Credit: rightful owner
...to this

Credit: rightful owner
As you can see, the top picture is the 2011 Golden Globes, and these five handsome men were considered as "best-dressed." I really don't care on what they're wearing other than the fact that none of these men have "Chanyeol Hair." While on the bottom picture, all the guys (except for one) have their hair down in different variations of "Bieber Hair".

The only person that is in the American music industry (I can think of) who has "Chanyeol Hair" is Justin Bieber but, he did change hairstyle from long to short.

Credit: rightful owner
I guess my whole point is that, I love kpop, but the guys seriously needs to get new hairstyles. I understand that not all kpop men have the "Bieber" cut but, most of them do. If they are really happy their hair, then they should keep it, as Michelle Phan always says "Happiness is beauty." I might sound bitter (which I am), but at the end of the day, I will always love BOTH kpop and American music.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment