Wednesday 31 October 2012

A sad Halloween!



Hay! (I know I spelled "hey" wrong)

So today's Halloween and I will not be going out to trick or treat because I have assignments to finish, but I will be handing out candy.

Today I was originally supposed to go to this Halloween party, and not it's not like those parties where you have beer and stuff like that. I was actually a volunteer thing. See, I'm part of this Halloween event planning team and part of a team member, you kind of have to go to the party. Well, I haven't been feeling well for the past few days and I think I may have caught a cold. Like yesterday after school, I lost my voice, and I just got my voice back this morning but my head still hurts a lot. My parents advised me not to go to the party because I am contagious and I can contaminate people, plus it's not going to be a fun party if you have a sick person walking around which will make the party even worse.

Anyhow, I emailed the team members and the youth workers, but they haven't replied back yet which is strange because usually they email you right away. Like yesterday when I got home, my parents were like go to sleep if you don't feel well. So I did and woke up at 9pm and immediately send them an email, but only to find out this morning that the email did not work. So I went to school today because I had to do a presentation, and emailed the members again that I can't come. When I got home, the first thing I did was email them that I can't come. I do feel bad that I gave them a short notice, but on Friday, I will go to the center and apologize. I called my mom and she was like don't worry they're just busy, but what if they don't get it?

I have to go now because I have to start studying for a test tomorrow. Have a safe and spooky Halloween.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment